The “Adventist netAward” was established in 2008 by the Communication department at the Seventh-day Adventist Church world headquarters, and recognizes meritorious contribution to the Church’s online ministry through the avenues of Internet and related technology, and in this context - visionary implementation of online ministry, excellence in responsible use of technological advancement, application development and recognition of outreach potential of online technology. The Award recognizes individual and group involvement in creative online mission outreach of the church and its public impact.
The Award is offered in harmony with the vision statement of the church’s communication strategy: “Seventh-day Adventists will communicate hope by focusing on the quality of life that is complete in Christ,” as well as in the context of the church’s Web site guidelines and the objectives of the Global Internet Evangelism Network.
The first awards were presented at the Global Internet Evangelism Network forum, July 9-13, 2008 in Denver, Colorado, United States.
Nominations for the Adventist netAward are evaluated by group of Adventist communication and IT professionals:
- Williams Costa Jr., Seventh-day Adventist World Church Communication director, and Global Adventist Internet Network coordinator
- John Beckett, Seventh-day Adventist World Church Office of Global Software and Technology director
- Brent Hardinge, Seventh-day Adventist World Church Communication assistant director, Web
- Nancy Lamoreaux, Seventh-day Adventist Church, Chief Information Officer
- Billy Biaggi, Seventh-day Adventist Church Vice-President for Communication
2008 – Denver, Colorado, USA
- John Beckett - for fostering awareness of technological advances to expand the ministry and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Bibleinfo.com Team - for development of a Seventh-day Adventist ministry tool for outreach to online communities and communicating the values of Bible study on the Web
- Darryl Hosford - for continuing vision to communicate the gospel through Internet technology and commitment to grow the Seventh-day Adventist Internet community
- Ronald Vyhmeister - for fostering the use of online technology in the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, specifically reaching the unreached people groups in the 10/40 Window through the Internet
- Tom & Violet Zapara - for visionary support and empowering others to use technology for the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Gordon Harty/Sean Carney — For pioneering involvement in the application of technology and networking for Seventh-day Adventist mission, including the establishment of Three Angels’ Global Networking, TAGnet.
2009 – Orlando, Florida, USA
- Dan Houghton - for a visionary approach to communicating the gospel through technological advancement and networking
- Nancy Lamoreaux - for leadership in the use of technology for service and ministry in North America
- Klaus Popa - for developing visually creative Web sites and applications for mission outreach of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Europe
- Jobson Santos - for fostering the use of technology in the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Brazil
2011 – Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Jose Romero, information technology director for the church in Inter-America for his contribution to fostering the use of technology and Internet in the territory
- Andrew Daryl Gungadoo, global resource engineer for Adventist World Radio in England for leveraging technology to empower AWR’s global operations
- Kenneth H. Suanzanang, former Communication director in Myanmar for using technology to address spiritual needs in the Burmese language
2013 – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Carlos Magalhães - Pioneering Internet Ministries, South America
- Delwin Finch - Web Ministry - Visionary Leadership in North America and the World Church
- Luke Pannekoek - Outstanding Leadership- Information Technology Ministry, South Pacific
- Andrew Oey Kuntaraf - Technology Leadership- Empowering Seventh-day Adventist Business Worldwide
- Rajmund Dabrowski - Overseeing Creation and Adoption of the Seventh-day Adventist Church Logo
2014 – Balitmore, Maryland, USA
- Milton Soldani Afonso - For the visionary support to thousands of people and institutions, enabling the use of communication and technology to full the Mission of the Adventist World Church.
2016 – Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
- Zhau Rui - For dedication and commitment to internet evangelism in mainland China.
- Daniel Jiao - For visionary leadership in internet evangelism in mainland China.